Things to do


Art Beat is a day-long celebration of the performing, visual, and culinary arts. Use the links below to find your favorite artists and see the performance schedules. Come prepared to engage with the artists, partake in the community art projects, sample some delicious culinary creations, and find new, one of a kind art.  

Community Art Project  

Culinary Arts Village

​Music & Performances

Street Performers 

Visual Artists


Notre Dame Federal Credit Union’s "Dueling Painters" Live Car Art Competition
Notre Dame FCU supports the arts in our community. 
Look for the Notre Dame FCU tent at the intersection of Michigan and Jefferson (just east of Studebaker Plaza). 
The DUELING PAINTERS Live Car Art Competition will be taking place throughout the day between two of our area’s artists: Alex Allen and Lauren Steinhofer.  Each artist was given a $200 gift card to purchase art supplies for their art creation with the cars.  Notre Dame FCU purchased two cars, sanded them down and painted them white!  Now, they are our blank canvases and Art Beat is their new mission!
Notre Dame will be selling $1.00 raffle tickets that can be placed by the purchaser into two collection containers to act as a “vote” for the artist whose work the spectator is most enjoying watching be created before his or her eyes. At the end of the day, the artist with the most raffle tickets will receive 75% of all proceeds to donate to the local charity of her choice, and the other artist will receive 25% of proceeds to donate to her local charity of choice. Both artists, by the way, have already chosen Riley Children’s Health!  Your raffle ticket votes will benefit the children served by one of our area’s best hospitals for children!
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union’s CHILDREN’S COLORING CONTEST FUN!
Each child will receive a box of crayons to use and take home, will be happening all day on the north side of the Notre Dame FCU branch in DTSB across from Chicory Café.   Each winner of the three age range categories will receive a $25 gift card from Notre Dame FCU!  Winners in each category will be chosen anonymously by Notre Dame FCU partners the following week, and all entries will be on display at the DTSB Notre Dame FCU location.  

Visual Artists

Browse the visual artist's booths, purchase one of a kind art, meet the artists, and find inspiration. 
August 19, 2017 - 11:00am

Culinary Art Village

Taste delightful creations from your local chefs, vote on your favorite the culinary art piece, and watch ice sculpting.  

August 19, 2017 - 11:00am


The South Bend Museum of Art is bringing KID BEAT! to a special section of DTSB’s Art Beat this year! It will be located directly in front of the Century Center at 120 South St. Joseph Street, in downtown South Bend.

August 19, 2017 - 11:00am


Event Sponsors