LIGHT POLE BANNER PROGRAM
Allowing area organizations to display banners on the light poles installed along Michigan Street & Jefferson Blvd.
The DTSB Light Pole Banner Program allows area organizations to display banners or flags on the new light poles installed along Michigan Street (Colfax Ave. to Wayne St.) and Jefferson Blvd (Michigan St. to St. Joseph). The goal of this program is to increase awareness of downtown events, activities and organizations as well as add color and excitement to the downtown streetscape.
The banner program is open to area non-profit organizations, hosting an event in downtown. Eligible banners are those that match the above stated goals of the Banner Program. Banners may not advertise or promote commercial products or services, or religious, political or social viewpoints. Applicant’s name or logo may occupy no more than the lower 15% of the banner.
- A completed banner application must be submitted to DTSB at least 45 days before the display period. The application must include a full color design of the banner/flag artwork – front and back. You may fill out the application below or download a paper copy from the right.
- Once the application is received, DTSB staff will review the design and schedule of the banners to be displayed.
- DTSB staff will contact the applicant within two weeks of receiving the application and inform them of their decision. Banner/flag approval is based upon adherence to program guidelines in accordance with requirements established by City of South Bend, Indiana and the Board of Public Works (BPW).
- Upon approval, a Banner Use agreement will be issued to the applicant.
- Applicant may then begin fabricating the banners. Note: Applicant is responsible for all costs associated with production of the banners.
- Banners are installed and removed by DTSB Ambassadors. There will be a $5 installation fee per pole.