Unique shopping, dining, family events, and more!
Check the list below for a list of holiday events, shows, and ice skating hours.
- Bring the kids for free visits and pictures with Santa at Santa's House. (click on the Santa's House tab above for info, hours, and location)
- After the visit spend some time inside Santa's Workshop for free cookie decorating, live music and more.
- Don't have a tree yet? We have you covered! Check here for Tree and wreath sale hours.
- Stroll down the streets for unique shopping at any/all of the 45 local shops.
- Stop into 1 of downtown's 52 restaurants to relax for a bite to eat.
Santa's arrival and Tree Lighting Ceremony | December 4, 5:30 p.m.
Children from the South Bend Community School Corporation will perform music and dance. The Holiday Greeting Card artists will be recognized. This all leads up to the big event: Santa's arrival and the lighting of the giant Christmas Tree. After the tree lighting follow Santa as he leads the parade to his house and workshop! Find info here about all December's First Friday activities.
Free visits and photos with Santa
- Bring your own camera and take photos of Santa with your loved ones.
- Receive a candy cane and 'I Believe' sticker from Santa.
Present your "I Believe" sticker to the South Bend Chocolate Cafe for a complimentary chocolate bar and many other gifts and discounts!
Fun in Santa's Workshop
- Coloring, holiday movies, hands-on activities - cookie decorating and demonstrations.
- Live musical performances throughout the month.
- Visit Santa's Gingerbread Village to see the beautiful gingerbread creations by "kids" of all ages and don't forget to vote for your favorite!
- Stop by the downtown information table for special offerings by downtown merchants and businesses.
Santa's House and Workshop Hours:
Santa's Shuttle Rides brought to you by Transpo
Dream Coach Carriages | Please call for reservations 574-654-3616
Pick-up and drop-off in front of the South Bend Chocolate Cafe.
Tree and Wreath Sales | See dates and times below | Former Hall of Fame Gridiron
Meet The Grinch and Rudolph at The South Bend Chocolate Cafe