Look for the smiling face in a red shirt!
Ambassadors work 24/7 and are available to you as an information source, for safety patrols and escorts, motorist assists, and more.
For ambassador assistance, call 574.400.3949
A key strategic goal for Downtown South Bend, Inc is to provide hospitality and assistance to merchants, residents and visitors in the downtown Central Business District and East Bank Village area. To accomplish this goal, in 2004 DTSB established the Downtown Ambassador Pilot Program. In 2006, DTSB contracted with Block-by-Block, a nationally recognized company that creates custom hospitality and safety programs for cities across the United States.
The Downtown Ambassadors are hired locally and trained to accomplish the following:
- Assist merchants, residents and visitors in the downtown
- Offer maps, brochures and directions to visitors in order to enhance their downtown experience
- Speak with business owners and managers to learn their issues and concerns, as well as provide information and opportunities available through DTSB
- Discourage panhandling and promote safety
- Report code violations, damage and/or hazards to the appropriate city departments
- Plant and maintain over 270 hanging flower baskets; 3,225 flowers in 173 beds, pots and tree rings
- Install hundreds of flags and banners as well as seasonal decorations for holiday promotions.
Look below to meet your downtown South Bend Ambassadors!
For safety and cleaning assistance, please contact the Ambassadors at 574.400.3949. For emergency assistance, please call the South Bend Police Department at 574.235.9201